Friday, January 30, 2009

i like have a thing for ground turkey

It's true. I freaking love ground turkey. It's healthier than ground beef and in most cases, I think it tastes a heck of a lot better too. And since Superbowl Sunday is this weekend and we'll all be taking beers to the face like it's no big deal, I thought I'd put up a "light" alternative to the normal game day fare. Here's what I'm thinking: chipotle turkey meatloaf sliders. They'll be so good in fact, that my friends will forgive me for saying "Wait, I like do not understand football" every other minute. Or at least, let's hope.

Chipotle Turkey Meatloaf Sliders

1 package of ground turkey (93% lean)
1 onion, finely diced
1 large carrot, shredded
3 cloves of garlic, grated or finely minced
1 egg
1 tbsp of chipotle in adobo
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1/4 cup milk
salt and pepper

Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix (preferably with your hands) to combine. Do not overmix! Form into slider sized burgers and cook over medium high heat, about two-three minutes per side. Serve on mini potato rolls. (You could also cook it as a whole meatloaf at 375F for 40 minutes and slice it down into slider portions if you don't feel like standing over the stove tending to mini burgers.)

*Serving suggestion: Mix ketchup with a little bit of the adobo sauce for a spicy topping to these sliders. Cilantro would also be really nice on top. And avocado would be downright orgasmic.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails