Sunday, April 4, 2010

an easter feast on easter...saturday

According to this non-denominational crowd, celebrating Easter on Saturday this year proved to be an exceedingly genius idea. Easter on Saturday means more friends are available to gather and Sunday was reserved for nothing but relaxation in the glorious sunshine and puttering around the house. I can't tell you how many times I heard, "This was the best idea ever" over the course of the weekend. But alas, a good idea indeed.

Saturday morning involved slicing fennel, onions, and potatoes and grating a whole lot of Comte cheese (in lieu of Gruyère) for the infamous Potato-Fennel Gratin. The dish that not only gets "ooh's" and "aah's" but makes people contemplate whether or not they want another serving of gratin for dessert instead of the Russian Cream. And while this gratin is out-of-this-world fantastic, I can answer that question for your quite easily. Put down the extra serving of potatoes. And get ready for that Russian Cream.



Marinade/Wet Rub for the Boneless Leg of Lamb: garlic, rosemary, olive oil, lots of salt, and pepper.


Lamb grilling away.


Grilled Asparagus finished with a drizzle of Black Truffle Oil.

Popping the Castellar Cava (a spectacular Spanish Sparkling Rosé)



Sliced Grilled Leg of Lamb with Balsamic Reduction Drizzle

Russian Cream with Berries.

I've said it many times before and I'll say it again, the Easter Feast (especially when served on a Saturday) is one of my favorite meals of the year. The combination of textures and flavors and the whole Spring forward attitude is one that I can so get down with year, after year, after year. I hope your's was equally as lovely and delcious. And if you took my advice and whipped up the Potato-Fennel Gratin too, well, I don't doubt for one second that it was.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails