Sunday, August 22, 2010

LOBSTER. THE END.

No words, really, other than this was inevitably the best meal of the entire Summer--and I've had quite a few memorable moments these past couple of months. Startlingly simple but quintessentially Summer in New England.

Steamed lobster and corn on the cob, new potato salad with chives, dill, and shallots, and a bibb lettuce salad with avocado and red onion. Drawn butter (not optional) on the side. And that bottle of Jean A. B. Sauvignon Blanc? Cue the nervous-by-way-of-sheer-joy laughter. Because I didn't know how else to react.

It might have come later than anticipated this year, but I successfully got my lobster dinner in before Summer's end. Next up? The perfect lobster roll.

4 comments:

MichellePC said...

So jealous! This definitely looks like the perfect New England meal, cranked up a few, delicious notches. I've still yet to get my lobster on, but you've inspired me to change that before the summer is - gasp! - over.

Megs said...

You are going to LOVE Luke's Lobster. As a girl from Maine I can say it is one of if not the best lobster roll I have ever had and that includes my mothers. The taste brings you right to a Maine beach. I think I'm going to get one right now.

Kiira Leess said...

michelle - get on it, gf! i can't decide whether my stomach or my soul enjoyed the meal more. let's call it a tie ;)

megs - that's it, a maine girl's approval...i'm going!!

Edie Lively said...

Love it!
"drawn butter (not optional)"

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails