Thursday, September 9, 2010

no-cook pizza sauce

I'm a bit pizza-obsessed. If you haven't picked up on that yet, you're not paying enough attention. And if you're rolling your eyes because I've yet again mentioned the word 'pizza,' hear me out, Eat and Greet Super Fan(s). I've got something good. Real good.

I just came across a recipe via Saveur for an uncooked pizza sauce courtesy of Nancy Silverton's Pizzeria Mozza (a restaurant I absolutely, positively have to visit when I find myself in LA). The argument here is that the uncooked sauce yields a brighter and more vibrant result than that of a sweeter, cooked sauce. And though I have yet to try this for myself, I fully support this idea, 100%. I totally get it.

That said, looks like I'm just going to have to make some pizza!

[sound of crickets]

To make the sauce, put one 28-oz. can of whole peeled San Marzano tomatoes into the bowl of a food processor, along with 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, 1 tsp. dried basil, 2 minced cloves garlic, and half a grated medium onion. Purée and season with salt and pepper.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails