Tuesday, September 21, 2010

bolognese à la berit

What's better than coming home to an unexpected bowl of fresh tagliatelle with homemade bolognese? Nothing, I tell you. Not a damn thing. But that's just what I walked into last night. And Berit, I'm afraid this might have to become a Monday night ritual. We good?

Fact: My roommate is better than yours.

Especially since she ventured over to the perpetually packed (and newly opened) Eataly to pick up the fresh tagliatelle. This is the same girl who quietly makes herself a salad of fresh chunks of watermelon, crumbled feta, and a drizzle of balsamic for dinner (yes, Berit, I noticed) and then cozies up to the latest issue of Vogue, Elle Decor, W, Harper's Bazaar, Elle, and Vanity Fair and can bang out the assembly of an Ikea bookshelf by herself in record time. All of these things make my heart sing with joy.


Berit's Bolognese
(taken verbatim from an email)

"It's basically Giada's recipe with a few edits in terms of ingredients,
quantities and spices, but I've followed it before and it was just as
good.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/simple-bolognese-recipe3/index.html

-No celery (because its green and i hate it)
-I put a lot more carrots then required (because i like them)
-Instead of crushed tomatoes I used plain tomato sauce in the can (I
think Hunts or something) because I don't like tomato chunks
-Used turkey this time (have done it before w/ beef and beef and
turkey mixed and it tastes the same)
-MOST IMPORTANT a spoon full of sugar."

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails