Monday, February 23, 2009

fat tuesday's tomorrow, ya'all

So whether or not you're a die-hard Mardi Gras'er or just need a midweek pick-me-up, tomorrow is Fat Tuesday. And since Creole food is not my specialty, you won't have any luck knockin' on my door for some Jambalaya and Hurricanes. Beads, however? Maybe.

If you're in the partying (and shoving face) mood, Delta Grill (700 Ninth Ave., at 48th St.), a New Orleans restaurant within stones throw of my digs, is of course, holding a Mardi Gras celebration. $20 will get you a free Hurricane, all you can eat cajun buffet, and a night filled with live music, and everything else that comes with the crazy Nawlin's holiday...

Since I'm not really the all-you-can-eat buffet kinda gal, I think I'll quietly celebrate at home instead. Toasting whiskey sours with my two roommates while playing some Keith Urban sounds about right. And decidedly down home.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails