Wednesday, December 16, 2009

holiday cheer

I don't know about you but I've had a hard time feeling Christmas-y this year. And only adding insult to injury is the fact that I don't get to see home (home means Christmas to me) till the night of the 23rd of December. So long story short, that warm, cozy, pine and cardamom scented time of the year that is the Holiday Season, doesn't happen until the eve of Christmas Eve.
Bah Humbug.
So what did I do to add some cheer to my Wednesday? Called home and had the mother send me pictures of the holiday decorations thus far that will perhaps inspire you to go home and spread the festiveness. And it just so happens, that one of them is edible. A perfect Wednesday night bake and craft idea (although I think the gingerbread cookies below were purchased from Ikea). Enjoy! I know I did.


A tip for city dwellers and country bumpkins alike is to go to your local Christmas Tree lot and ask if you can pick up some of the scraps. They might charge you a buck or two in the city (I tried) but the scent alone will be worth it. Take as many branches as you can and stuff them into a galvanized bucket or large vase. If you don't have the room for a tree, this is your next best alternative. Hang some gingerbread hearts, light some votive candles around the base, and voila.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails