Monday, August 10, 2009

on hand: frozen dumplings

My beautiful and always funny foodie Aunt Kari has deemed these Trader Joe's Thai Shrimp Gyoza dumplings as pretty divine. Sadly, Trader Joe's never seems to be do-able for me during the week but it looks as if I'm going to have to make an exception. Because you know. Kari says, we do. Got it? Good.

I make it a point to always (or as often as I possibly can) have frozen dumplings on hand. They're a fantastic go to when you're staring into your refrigerator, eyes glossed over from the boredom of its contents, and you're glancing towards the take out menus only to remember, aha! I have frozen dumplings! I don't have to have a boring dinner! I can steam up some dumplings and make a quick little salad and I will be happy! Hooray!

If you don't share that same euphoric reaction, you're the weird one. Not me. I swear.

All jokes aside (because this has been a hilarious post, I know), check out your grocery's selection of frozen dumplings or swing by Trader Joe's. If not for Kari and my sake, for the sake of some Two Buck Chucks.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

When I read "for Kari and my sake" My mind immediatly drifted "Sake" as in rice wine. So for my sake eat those dumplings with Sake!!
And I mean it!!

Thanks Kiira

Ingrid Leess said...

I read it as Sake also!!! hahaha.... We do think alike!
Cheers!

ps
Congrats on switching out Harry!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails