Thursday, August 20, 2009

MADCrush

So my boss totally gets all the credit for tipping me off on this thing (Thank you, Tom) but I'm all about it. MADCrush is a Thursday night cocktail hour at the Museum of Arts and Design which features an affordable menu of wine and nibbles that changes each week with a different guest chef. Last week, Scott Conant of Scarpetta showed off his cooking chops with an offering of creamy polenta with a fricassee of truffled mushrooms for a cool $6. The space overlooks Central Park and Columbus Circle and is decorated with seating made entirely from the corrugated cardboard of wine boxes. Pretty neat, if you ask me, and the perfect opportunity to meet and mingle with some new, interesting people who appreciate both good food, good wine, and a good deal. Because I don't know about you, but I'm all up in that kinda scenario.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails