Monday, January 24, 2011

french onion soup

I had nothing to do with this. Last night, Berit knocked on my door and presented me with the greatest gift imaginable. A little ramekin of homemade French Onion Soup topped with a slice of baguette and bubbling Gruyère. Deep, dark, and decadently fragrant with layer upon delicious layer of flavor. I mean, are you kidding me? I burnt my tongue thanks to obvious impatience. Hands down the best version I've ever encountered. Seasoned to perfection (the girl adds salt with gumption) and unarguably the best thing to cozy up to on a night when temperatures drop to sickening record lows.

I'm heading South. Permanently.

Here's the recipe Berit used. I can't urge you enough to give it a shot. Believe me, your roommate will love you for it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails