Monday, November 9, 2009

DIY sunday brunch

After a relatively low-key night on Saturday, I was up and at 'em early on Sunday morning after a deliciously gorgeous nights sleep. So off to the produce market I ran to pick up some potatoes and an onion to make a slightly boozy brunch for myself and two friends. Soft boiled eggs with velvety runny yolks, slightly spicy and uber flavorful chipotle-onion home fries, and buttered toast. Obligatory screwdrivers were most definitely poured as well. Is there any better way to start the day? I think not. As the rest of the afternoon was spent roaming around the city, sitting and staring (in a completely ok way) at little kids carelessly running around with glee in a no longer in service Washington Square Fountain, a late afternoon stop at 'ino, and a wind down evening filled with two of my favorite gals, vino, and leftover pork tenderloin translated into gyro's (whole wheat pitas, homemade tzatziki, lettuce, red onion, tomato, bam). Sometimes, I really, really love Sunday's.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails