Wednesday, November 25, 2009

vacation eats

What do you do when you've got a beach front condo equipped with a kitchen (albeit one with one usable knife, a serrated bread knife, and a glass cutting board the size of a piece of paper) and a limited food budget for the week? Why you cook in of course. And let me just say, we had a week's worth of extremely yummy and totally easy eats. Which meant 99% of our time was devoted to being slaves to the sun and the other 1% was focused on the anticipation of our next great meal.

And/or cocktail.

chicken fajitas marinated in lime, cilantro, garlic served in flour tortillas with shredded iceberg, red onion, tomato, and avocado

grilled steak served atop mediterranean orzo salad: cucumber, tomato, red onion, feta, parsley

miki's famous asian green beans and mushrooms with sweet soy glaze

monstrous muenster-topped burgers with all the fixin's

the last supper: linguine with shrimp, white wine, lemon, and parsley and a garden salad


mattsito said...

burgers must have been good to merit 2 pics! I want to try the orzo salad :)

johnnieg said...

From our many trips to Vieques,P.R. We have also found that with a little imagination one can eat VERY well with limited fresh produce that is offered.HOORAY for vacation cooking

meleary said...

Such a pleasure going on vacation with a wonderful chef! We had great inexpensive meals. Thanks Keeks! Amazing vacay!

Anonymous said...



Related Posts with Thumbnails