Friday, March 19, 2010

zampa winebar + kitchen

Who doesn't love a good wine bar? It's unarguably the most ideal setting for a date (casual yet not a hole-in-the-wall) or a night catching up with a good friend. Intimate and unintimidating yet still chic.

Enter, Zampa Winebar + Kitchen. Located on the border of the Meatpacking meets the West Village on W13th St. near 8th Ave., this swanky little joint boasts an impressive wine list, predominately Italian, and a menu full of cheeses, meats, small plates, paninis, and more. I highly suggest grabbing a bite while you sip. If not, your night could take a turn for the worse. Such as it did for yours truly when I visited this spot a few weeks ago. While I'll spare my dignity (or what's left of it) by sharing the details, let's just say too much wine on an empty stomach and I abruptly disappeared. It's a miracle my plus one that night is still speaking to me.

Anyways, I know you'll be far wiser than I was that evening and will enjoy (responsibly, of course) tasting your way through a couple of wines, asking the dashing bartender to help lead you in the right direction (so, so helpful), and sharing a few small plates of food. From what I remember that night (yikes), it looks like the front of the place has the option of opening its windows up onto the street. Making it an even more desirable location this weekend with all the warm weather and sunshine on the way.

Cheers.

Zampa Winebar + Kitchen
306 W13th St.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails