Wednesday, June 23, 2010

food stylist, paul lowe

Photo Courtesy of Dreyer Hensley for Sweet Paul

I just came across Food Stylist, Paul Lowe's beyond gorgeous online magazine, Sweet Paul Magazine, and nearly died. How had I never seen this before (in my defense this is the premiere issue)?! The photography is bonkers and the food is incredibly sophisticated yet approachable. I urge you to click through the issue and then I dare you to not come away with at least three recipes you want to try. The eeriest part? He's got a "From Mor-Mor's Kitchen" column. Need I remind you to take a quick glance to your right and read my "Who I Am"? Shivers.
Incidentally, Paul is obviously Scandinavian; hailing from Oslo, Norway, he immediately had my attention (and also my heart). Recently he posted a recipe on his blog, also called Sweet Paul, for a Salmon and Potato Salad with Lemon Yogurt Dressing: a quintessentially Nordic summer salad that could not be more targeted towards my palate if it tried. This is my kind of food. And in my mission to show the world the beauty and simplicity of Scandinavian food, here is yet another reason to introduce yourself to it. Serve this for lunch, brunch, or a light dinner--it will undoubtedly be universally well received.

serves 4

4 large slices fresh salmon
salt
pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
14 small potatoes, boiled
1 head of lettuce, shredded
2 tablespoons capers
2 tablespoon dill, chopped
1 teaspoon lemon zest
2 cups plain yoghurt
2 tablespoons lemon juice

Place the salmon on a baking tray and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Drizzle with olive oil.
Bake at 350F for 8 minutes.
Remove, cool and cut into pieces.
Slice the potatoes and mix with lettuce, capers, dill, lemon zest and salmon.
Mix yoghurt and lemon juice in a bowl and taste with salt and pepper.
Pour the dressing over the salad and serve.
Enjoy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails