Monday, September 14, 2009

a bite at pinche taqueria

"I don't care where we go, I'm just not in the mood for Mexican," - a naive, half asleep, and silly me.

One movie (Extract, hilarious) and an hour or two later and we found ourselves at Pinche Taqueria. And as I sat in the tiny yet incredibly campy and festive space, I decided, well, what the heck. One fish taco ($3.75!) and a can of Modelo, por favor.

Three bites later and it was gone. But what fantastic bites they were. A tender piece of fried tilapia, shredded cabbage, a schmear of guacamole and a spoonful of perfectly spicy salsa, all wrapped in a small warm corn tortilla and finished off with my generous squeeze of lime. And when that was gone (sadly) I sipped my ice cold Modelo with sheer happiness. Modelo, incidentally, is superb.

Crumby weather? Stop by Pinche for a pick-me-up. In a city deprived of really good Mexican food (an epidemic I truly do not understand), this place is absolutely legit. Fresh, fast, and pretty darn delicious. You'll leave with lips slightly tingling with the lingering sensation of jalapeno and you'll like it. A lot.

Pinche Taqueria 333 Lafayette Street

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails