Monday, September 14, 2009

monday meal planning

I apologize I haven't been keeping up with my Monday Meal Planning posts recently. But let's just say I was busy soaking up every last bit of Summer and some things just fell through the cracks. Unfortunately, Monday Meal Planning was one of those things. Along with my attention span and productivity.

But we're back.

I posted about Notakeout.com a while back but I make it a point to check in on the site every now and then for inspiration. The recipes are always quick and simple but packed with flavor in the purest form. This Teriyaki Shrimp with Minty Zucchini and Rice just jumped out and punched me in the face and said, "make me or you're beyond stupid." Mean and flat out rude of it, I know, but I guess it's allowed to be cocky. It sounds delicious (I'm a slave to the zucchini-mint combo) and the grocery list is minimal (that is if you have soy sauce and rice wine vinegar on hand, which I admittedly, do). Any leftover shrimp would be de-lish in a pita with some thinly sliced cucumber and cilantro (if you've got it) for lunch the next day.

You're also probably wondering why the influx of shrimp recipes up on Eat and Greet lately and here's why: two weeks ago I picked up a bag of Costco (Kirkland) frozen shrimp and it's been true love ever since. They taste 50 times better than the "fresh" shrimp I was picking up at my local grocery store and at $18.99 for a huge freaking bag (peeled, deveined, tail on, bam), a crazy good deal too. I suggest having a bag of these guys on hand at all times. You won't believe how much of a happy relief they'll be for you. And if they're not? Well, I don't know.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails