Thursday, September 24, 2009

slow cooker cooking

So I'm thinking about investing in a slow cooker this fall. Seems like a practical kitchen tool that ends up being totally economical as it turns the cheapest, toughest cuts of meat into melt-in-your-mouth creations. And since football season is now upon us (and I'm still up in the air as to who I'll be "rooting" for this year. yes, it changes.) I'm thinking BBQ pulled pork and shredded carne asada soft tacos would be a fabulous treat for any and all of my football loving friends. Throw things into the slow cooker in the morning, head off to work or to run errands, and when you get back, most of the work has been done for you. Plus, you can get them for around $20+ which isn't too bad at all. Next trip to Target I'll be sure to check 'em out.

Thoughts?

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I got one for my birthday last year and I love it. Chilli, pulled pork and even lasagna is sooo easy to make. Make sure you get one with a timer though (mine doesn't have one and I wish it did)!

bee and jay said...

Just got one,a 4 quart,Cuisinart(that time of the year i guess),and we are trying it out tomorrow.Any new recipes you have tried and recommend?Seems most are kinda bland.Have the pulled pork bbq sliders,and looking forward to trying it. Will let you know how our "bœuf bourguignon" turns out.
best,
j&b

Kiira Leess said...

i STILL have not bitten the bullet and purchased a slow cooker! i have no excuse, either. anyways, if i come across any good sounding recipes, i'll be sure to send them your way!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails