Monday, September 28, 2009

trader joe's wine shop

I'm saying this while shielding my face with slight embarrassment: yesterday was my first Trader Joe's Wine Shop experience. Look, Union Square is just never en route to anywhere I'm ever going so it just hadn't happened yet. And the one time I ventured out to do it, the lines out the door were much too daunting to even attempt. But with no agenda whatsoever, we took the walk up and over to the area to check this off my To Do List.

You guys? This place is amazing. And I know, I know, I know most of you are rolling your eyes with an, "Uh, yeah, we know," look smeared across your face but uh, yeah, I didn't know.
Phenomenal selection, phenomenal prices, I was kicking myself for not having my camera with me. Especially because a cool 15 minutes later, we had a fabulous Chris Noth sighting on University Place. And let must just say. He looks like a dream.


Anyways, I left with a Chilean Merlot-Malbec blend which we enjoyed with dinner last night which will for sure become my new house red. At $4.99 a bottle, this stuff had pretty unbelievable flavor without an overbearing or cloying fake sweetness. I also picked up a bottle of California Viognier, $5.99, which will be tested later in the week. This place (along with Trader Joe's in general) is well worth going out of the way for. The quality, prices, and selection fit anyone's budget and it's just a downright fun experience. Preferably with a Chris Noth run-in.

2 comments:

jason said...

I hope the Viognier is the Honey Moon. I ranked that one #5 in my most recent Trader Joe's Top 10 Wine List. Keep your eye out for some of the others next time you are there!

Kiira Leess said...

Yes, it was Honey Moon!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails