Wednesday, July 22, 2009

playing food stylist

So this past weekend, a good photographer friend, Aimee Herring, came up for the day on Sunday to shoot some food in the new tricked out kitchen for her portfolio. And who was to do the food prep? Well, none other than yours truly, my friends. Throwing everyone for a curve ball (including myself) I decided to try my hand at some Asian-inspired foods and settled on the following menu: Vietnamese Summer Rolls (shrimp, mango, avocado, cilantro, lettuce) with Sweet Chili Dipping Sauce, Pan Fried Pork, Shrimp, and Leek Dumplings with a Cilantro-Serrano Dipping Sauce, Korean BBQ Beef Skewers served in Boston Lettuce Cups, and a Ginger-Mint-Lime Mojito to cool the heat and wash it all down. An Asian-style tapas spread, I suppose. Anyways, I really can't stop looking at the pictures in complete and utter awe. They're stunning and I can't believe how beautiful the food ended up looking. Hats off to Aimee for making my food look better than I could have ever imagined. (And for the record, it tasted pretty darn good too.)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails