Tuesday, April 21, 2009

in my brown bag

After having a panic attack from reading the calorie count on a Subway foot long tuna fish sandwich this weekend (1,050. NOT. OKAY.) I started brainstorming some guilt-free lunch options. Inspired from one of my favorite food places back home, Abbondanza located in Westport, I made a mayo-less tuna salad that I scooped on top of some baby greens.

Two cans of tuna packed in water got combined with two stalks of celery finely diced, 1/2 a small red onion finely diced, half a can of drained chick peas, the juice from half a lemon, a generous drizzle of olive oil, salt, and as much or as little red pepper flakes as you'd like.

You could stuff this inside a whole wheat pita or as I did with baby greens and some of my shallot vinaigrette.

Light, easy, and surprisingly filling.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails