Tuesday, June 23, 2009

chicken breasts with zucchini pappardelle

I am not going to lie. This is an honest place, and you should know the truth. Yesterday's grocery list kicked my "starving artist's" behind. I came in way over budget and I'm not entirely sure why. I'm going to go back over my receipt tonight, but I'm sure it had something to do with a snack or two and some frozen staples. But, oh well. What's done is done. Let's move on to tonight's recipe, courtesy of Gourmet which I have slightly amended.

1 medium zucchini, trimmed
2 garlic cloves
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I'm marinating mine all day in a little of my white balsamic vinaigrette)
1 Tbsp. olive oil
2 Tbsp. water
1 cup torn basil leaves (and some mint if you have it)
lemon wedges for serving

Shave zucchini lengthwise (1/8 inch thick) with slicer, knife, or peeler and place in large bowl. Thinly slice garlic and reserve separately.

Heat oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over medium-high heat until it shimmers. Saute chicken until browned and just cooked through, 8 to 14 minutes total. Add chicken to zucchini.

Add garlic to skillet and cook, stirring, until pale golden, about 1 minute. Add water and scrape up any brown bits, then drizzle over chicken. Add basil and 1/4 tsp. salt to bowl and toss until zucchini wilts slightly. Season with salt and pepper.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails