Monday, June 29, 2009

monday meal planning

Alright so I'm a little underwhelmed with this week's menu planning and for that, I apologize. I'm going super light this week (to make up for last weekend and in anticipation of the 4th) and going to try and use up what I've already got on hand. Honestly, as I glance at my sad looking grocery list, I don't even think it's worth posting. It's that meek!

Avocado, grape tomatoes, seltzer, and tuna. Now what on Earth does that say about me?! Lunch this week will be my mayo-less tuna salad on baby greens and dinner will hopefully be bun-less turkey burgers with a salad and the summer salmon cakes with zucchini fennel slaw I mentioned last week.

You know what just came to mind? Black beans with brown rice. And just like that, I'm going to add it to my grocery list.

I seriously bump up the flavor of a can of black beans (rinsed) with a finely diced red bell pepper, red onion, garlic galore, some chipotle, and chili powder cooked for about 10 minutes. Cook up a small pot of brown rice, top it with a generous spoonful of the beans and then hit it with tons of fresh cilantro. Light, healthy, meatless, and full of flavor.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails