Monday, June 22, 2009

monday meal planning

Regrettably, I left this month's issue of Gourmet at home which I excitedly dog eared page after page of super yummy yet simple recipes to try out this week. I do remember the gist of most of the ingredients, though, so that's what I'm going with for this week's grocery list and menu planning. And let me just say, I am rip rearing excited for the change-ups this week. And you are too, aren't you??

THE LIST

2 medium to large zucchinis
3 nectarines ($.99/lb.)
1 medium to large fennel bulb
2 avocados
1 bunch dill ($1)
1 bunch basil ($1)

1 lb. Boar's Head Virginia Ham

7 grain (or more) whole wheat bread

1 package chicken breast
1 salmon fillet ($8.99/lb.) OR 2 cans of canned salmon*

*I have not yet experiment with canned salmon but am intrigued. Think I might go with the canned this time around but will report back.

The plan for this week is to try out two new recipes that use the same veggie (zucchini) but two different proteins (chicken and salmon) which will be a refreshing change from repetitive leftover usage. Again, I don't have the recipes with me but they are: Chicken with Zucchini "Pappardelle" and a Salmon Cake with Zucchini and Fennel Slaw. Sounds good, right? Additionally, I froze my turkey burgers last week so I'm still working with three of those which will fill in for the nights I'm in one of those, "I ate this last night and I'm not feeling it tonight" kind of moods. C'mon, we all get picky and finicky sometimes, don't we? If you're not feeling Virginia Ham sandwiches with avocado for this week's BYOL, go ahead and utilize those two cans of tuna from a week or two ago and try my spin on tuna salad sans mayo.

Recipes to come!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails