Tuesday, June 9, 2009

tally up

Ok so I just did the final tally for the groceries yesterday and I came in at $17.50 on the nose! Mind you, I already had my steak at home so just add another $3.99 or so. But really? That is not too bad at all. My good friend Megan tagged along for the grocery shopping (two of almost everything) and then we went back to my place to make one huge batch of the shrimp and salad together, gobbled it all up, and then I sent her home with her doggy bag for lunch/dinner the next day. Such a fun way to do it!

And the salad by the way? Better than I even expected. What we thought were slightly under ripe peaches turned out to be perfect with the tender kicked up shrimp and creamy avocado. We licked our over sized salad bowls clean.

And today, waiting in my refrigerator is a container of shrimp, diced avocado, sliced peaches, and salad dressing, greatly anticipating their arrival on a bed of greens. Then tonight when I go home, it's steak in the hot pan, slicing of the red onion, and in a matter of 15 minutes, meal #3, 4, and 5 will be prepped and ready to go.

Now it's your turn. Have at it!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails