Tuesday, February 9, 2010

amy's bread book signing

Last night I made the trip (down the elevator to the first floor of Chelsea Market) to Amy's Bread for a book signing to support my good friend, photographer Aimee Herring, who shot the new Amy's Bread Cookbook. The entire bakery was closed off to the public for the event and was serving delectable little hors d'oeuvres (gravlax and dill, goat cheese flatbread, and ham, gruyere and coarse mustard paninis, oh MY) and wine provided by Chelsea Wine Vault (had a great glass of this Gruner Veltliner). Although I'd never formally met Amy Scherber (seen above in white, seated), I frequent her Chelsea Market location almost daily (she mentioned I looked familiar, I most likely blushed with flattery). Her bread is superior to anything I've had elsewhere and her baguettes could not be any more authentically French. Not to mention the undeniable charm that all of her locations emanate. You absolutely feel transported when you walk inside. And the sweet smell of proofing yeast and warm, crusty bread never hurt anyone.

A lovely night celebrating lovely and truly talented people.

I strongly urge you to pick up a copy of the beautiful and wildly informative book here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved seeing you last night at the book signing! Your site looks great at always:) Check out my new blog sometime when you get a chance...it's definitely a work in progress!
oxox,Aimee
http://countryinthecity-nyc.blogspot.com/

Kiira Leess said...

LOVING the blog so far, Aimee! Already a follower :)

Thanks again for inviting me to last night's signing! Always so fun seeing you. xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails